Re: Only work with user root

2000-11-13 19:31:50
I did upgrade of  my linux now I have linux 6.1 with sendmail 8.9.3-15 and
procmail-3.13.1-4, but continue work only with user root. I know this
because when i send a mail to any user the mail go to the mailboxe and when
i send a message to root I received a message of procmail
Any ideas
----- Original Message -----
From: "Philip Guenther" <guenther(_at_)gac(_dot_)edu>
To: "Ricardo Durão" <durao(_at_)pcsolution(_dot_)com(_dot_)br>
Cc: <procmail(_at_)lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE>
Sent: Monday, November 13, 2000 9:40 PM
Subject: Re: Only work with user root

Ricardo_Durão <durao(_at_)pcsolution(_dot_)com(_dot_)br> writes:
I have one Linux Redhat 5.2 with sendmail-8.8.7-20 and procmail-3.10-13.
It is mail server and my users were create with shell and home directory
/dev/null. I need block all email's with attached *.exe and I instaled
the procmail-sanitizer.tar.gz. The problem is that the rule anly work
for user root, the another users the rules don't work. I need put thie
rules for all my users.

How do you know that they don't work?  Nothing appears in the logfile
because you drop root privileges before opening the logfile.

One thing you should definitely do is upgrade your system: sendmail
8.8.7 is old, RedHat 5.2 is *really* old, and procmail 3.10 is
practically ancient.

VERBOSE-no

This is a typo: it should be "VERBOSE=no".  Actually, since you're having
problems, it should be "VERBOSE=on".

LOGABSTRACT=all
MAILDIR=/var/spool/mail
DROPPRIVS=YES
LOGFILE=/var/log/procmail.log

Swap those last two lines if you want normal user's mail to be logged
to that logfile.

PATH="/usr/bin:$PATH"

Once you've upgraded to version 3.15 then you should be able to remove
this: /usr/bin is *always* in the default path, and in version 3.15
procmail removes $HOME/bin from the PATH when it's processing the
/etc/procmailrc file.

Philip Guenther