Re: Can't get procmail to run from .forward file

2000-11-21 11:57:43
On Tue, Nov 21, 2000 at 10:37:29AM +0000, Chris Green wrote:
I don't seem to be able to get procmail to run via the .forward file.

    sh: exec not available for sendmail programs
    554 "|exec /usr/bin/procmail -Y"... Service unavailable

How do I get procmail to run?

1> Are you running Linux? If so, chances are you don't need to use .forward to
filter your mail. Procmail is already configured as the local delivery agent,
thus the system will detect and use your .procmailrc without haveing to
manually invoke procmail.
2> This error message indicates you're sendmail is using smrsh. Any binaries
or scripts invoked from aliases or .forward files must be referenced in
/etc/smrsh. Create a symlink in that directory to your procmail binary and it
will run procmail (though I'm not confident in the syntax you're using to
invoke it.)

--
Andrew Edelstein                http://andrew.pure-chaos.com

[Squiz(squiz(_at_)ufies(_dot_)org)] I intend to reach a state whereby I need
never leave
my desk :)