Re: script

2000-11-22 11:09:30
Christian Parigger wrote:
Hi,
I use an aliases distribution list (sendmail) but want to restrict the use
of this list to senders within my domain only; I thought a procmail filter
could work (don't use SmartList at this time, v3.13.1 procmail currently) ?

Possibly.

One way that comes to mind is to have the alias go to procmail
instead, something like this in /etc/aliases:

        magicList: "|/usr/bin/procmail /etc/magicList.procmail"

where /etc/magiclist.procmail might have something like:

        :0
        * ^From:(_dot_)*(_at_)myDomain$
        * any_other_conditions
        * to_ensure_this_is_a_good_message
        ! user1, user2, user3, etc

        # The above could instead pipe the message to a script to,
        # e.g., get the addresses from a file or something

        # permission denied, EX_NOPERM from /usr/include/sysexits.h
        EXITCODE=77
        :0
        /dev/null

Another idea might be to put something like what's on the procmail(1)
manpage into /etc/sendmail.cf, but I'm not sure exactly where to
insert the rules, given that there may be a couple of places where the
local delivery agent gets selected... i guess you might be able to do
something like this (UNTESTED!)

    RmyList^I$#procmail $@/somewhere/myList.rc $:myList<@procmail>
    RmyList<@ $=w>$*^I$#procmail $@/somewhere/myList.rc $:myList<@procmail>
    R$*<@procmail>$*^I$1<@localhost>$3^IAlready filtered, map back

(the '^I's there are tab characters) and put the appropriate rule into
the /somewhere/myList.rc ...

cheers,
--
Neither I nor my employer will accept any liability for any problems
or consequential loss caused by relying on this information.  Sorry.