Re: Not writing to temp file

2000-12-12 15:12:38
At 13:20 2000-12-12 -0600, David W. Tamkin did say:
Sean answered Robert,

| Apparently the file LITERALLY named "$KILLFILE" wasn't found to exist (and
| not be a directory and be writeable, which are secondary to it even being
| found).
|
| >procmail: No match on " test -f $KILLFILE && test -s $KILLFILE"

No, not literally named $KILLFILE but rather named the value of the variable

Oops, really bad phrasing on my part -- the file named "" -- see my question about what it was defined as.

variables that it defines, the shell should have the right value for $KILLFILE.

Uhm, looking at the logfile, I saw no definition assignment of $KILLFILE, thus, it is null. Or did you spot an assignment in there that I missed?

(if we don't care, combine the tests with -a); and it's besides the point
that Robert still is not getting the name of the ^FROM_DAEMON macro right.

True, didn't spot that one, what with all the other issues.

 Post Box 2395 / San Rafael, CA  94912-2395