Re: Autoresponder problem

2000-12-15 15:32:46
"H. Wade Minter" wrote:
However, no mail gets sent back in reply.  Can anyone spot what I'm doing
wrong?

I can see one thing.  Here's your recipe, modified only slightly:

  :0 hc
  * !^FROM_DAEMON
  * !^"X-Loop: name(_at_)domain(_dot_)com"
  | (formail -rk -A "X-Loop: name(_at_)domain(_dot_)com" \
  echo "Your Quote Request has been received and is being processed." ;\
  echo "For a complete price list, please visit our website at:" ;\
  echo "http://www.domain.com/products/index.html"; ;\
  ) | /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -oi

What's the first command inside the () ?  The formail you say?

   formail -rk -A "X-Loop: name(_at_)domain(_dot_)com" echo "Your...";

Of course the formail won't like "echo"; you need a semicolon there.
Also, I'd put a 'w' on the flags line, so that you'll be notified of
any problems in execution (the 'w' would have helped you in this
case).  Although formail probably reads the whole header before
generating the reply, I'd probably add an 'i' on the flags line as
well.  Also the "quotes" on the X-Loop condition line are superfluous.
Putting it all together:

  :0 hcwi
  * !^FROM_DAEMON
  | (formail -rk -A "X-Loop: name(_at_)domain(_dot_)com"; \
     echo "Your Quote Request has been received and is being processed."; \
     echo "For a complete price list, please visit our website at:"; \
     echo "http://www.domain.com/products/index.html"; ;\
    ) | /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -oi

hth
--
Neither I nor my employer will accept any liability for any problems
or consequential loss caused by relying on this information.  Sorry.