Re:cat: command not found

2000-12-15 17:50:08
At 6:30 PM -0500 12/15/00, Robert Campbell is rumored to have typed:

And I get this at the end of the killfile:

   So give the full path to cat in the recipe (usually /bin/cat but to make
absolutely sure do a 'which cat' and use the path you get back). It's almost
always a good idea to use full paths, since you can't depend on the
environment of the mailer being the same as the one you have under your shell
- actually, you can almost always depend on it being wildly different. (This
is why most scripts which repetedly use commands have early assignations; me,
I just type the paths into my recipies and save the vars.)

         Charlie (who's a little surprised you even needed to ask this
                   particular question...)