Using Procmail to process header changes

2001-01-08 09:50:06
I am a total Procmail innocent, and need help to determine if something is
feasible.

My company receives emails from customers, which in turn are processed by a
lead management package. Recently, we have begun to get leads from an
outside source. We'd like to take these leads an process them automatically.

Each lead has my address in the cc: field, the original customer's address
in the to: field and the outside lead service's name in the from field. Can
procmail be used to take that info and rewrite the header to put the
original customer's address in the from: field? Then the email could be
picked up and processed automatically by our other software.

I appreciate any and all help on this question. If anyone knows of something
other than procmail that would work, I'd appreciate that input also.

Thanks,
Kristopher A Newman
Manager, Technical Services
Dealergain, Inc.
mailto://knewman(_at_)dealergain(_dot_)com