Re: more doubts

2001-01-16 12:06:52
Jo o Paulo Andrade wrote:
I want to use procmail now.
I have to delete this

Mlocal,         P=/usr/libexec/mail.local, F=lsDFMAw5:/|@qSXfmnz9P, S=10/30,
R=
                 T=DNS/RFC822/X-Unix,
                 A=mail.local -l

and change to this?
Mlocal, P=/usr/bin/procmail, F=lsDFMAw5:/|@qSPfhn9, S=10/30, R=20/40,
             A=procmail -Y -a $h -d $u
????????

The normal method is to include these lines in your sendmail ".mc"
file:

    define(`PROCMAIL_MAILER_PATH', `/usr/bin/procmail')dnl
    FEATURE(`local_procmail')dnl

Replace /usr/bin/procmail by whatever the appropriate thing is, then
rebuild your ".cf" file.  (typically cd to something like
/usr/share/sendmail-8.x.x/cf and say "make foo.cf", if you've modified
"foo.mc".)  After doing that, I always compare the old ".cf" file
against the newly-built one.  If satisfactory, install in the
appropriate place, restart sendmail, and you're done.

Is this automatic when i install procmail???

I don't think so.  On the other hand, some linux distributions have
the above two lines turned on in the .mc file by default.
--
Neither I nor my employer will accept any liability for any problems
or consequential loss caused by relying on this information.  Sorry.