Re: more doubts .

2001-01-16 18:16:49
At 19:56 2001-01-16 -0200, João Paulo Andrade wrote:
look at this:

I'd rather not - as I indicated in my original message, and will reiterate now:
        this isn't a sendmail configuration list, it is a procmail one

While the two programs interoperate, it isn't the business of the procmail community to do sendmail configuration. To get promail to be run by sendmail, you could just simply edit the lines as you had originally identified - my additional commentary was intended to steer you towards establishing a better procedure for how you modify the sendmail configuration, not introduce further questions about how to run the config process for a separate program. It remains a topic for other forums however.

then I have to rebuild /etc/mail/sendmail.cf ?
cd /etc/mail/
make sendmail.cf

Unless you have a Makefile in /etc/mail, which isn't part of the basic sendmail config (I run a makefile for my overall mail config, but it certainly didn't come with sendmail).

You rebuild sendmail from the /usr/src/sendmail/cf/cf dir, usually with a command like Build, verify the config looks kosher (a diff would be a good idea), back up your original sendmail.cf, then MANUALLY copy the sendmail.cf into the working path, then restart the sendmail daemon.

All of this assumes that procmail is even installed properly -- have you tried to run procmail at the shell prompt at all?

finish?? procmail starts????

Procmail doesn't just "run" -- it is spawned by sendmail for local deliveries.

Note: the file /etc/procmailrc
wasn't created!!!  I have to create it?

Ah, a procmail-specific question!

1. See 'man procmail'

2. Yes, you create it. If you don't have anything to put in it, then procmail has no global filters to process.

3. procmail will work just fine without this - it IS an optional file after all.

 Post Box 2395 / San Rafael, CA  94912-2395