Re: procmail config

2001-01-17 11:03:33
"S. Jyotinarayan" wrote:

------=_NextPart_000_007B_01C08061.928A15C0

Do you have to do that?

Hi all,
I have absolutely no idea how to configure Procmail.

We want each employee to have a personal mail account. We have a company =
in the US that's hosting our web server and has given us 100 mail ids.

You need to first tell us (maybe you need to find out from your
hosting provider) what kind of access is possible for those mail ids.
Do they support POP3 access?  IMAP?  Can you do ETRN to get 'em to
send the mail to you?

If POP3 or IMAP or ETRN will work, then fetchmail will help.  If not,
then I don't know what will help; you might need to write a program.

Are there 100 separate mailboxes, or does all mail addressed to
anyone(_at_)your(_dot_)domain end up in a single mailbox at their site?

If there are 100 separate mailboxes, the fetchmail configuration won't
be too hard, just laborious.  If there is a single mailbox covering
all mail for your domain, then you need some cooperation from the MTA
handling the mail.  Study the fetchmail manpage carefully,
particularly the section on THE USE AND ABUSE OF MULTIDROP MAILBOXES.

Good luck,
--
Neither I nor my employer will accept any liability for any problems
or consequential loss caused by relying on this information.  Sorry.