Re: Insufficient Permissions with local accounts - root

2001-01-18 13:59:58

Okay, i checked and / belongs to user root, group root
Whom should it belong to ?

nothing NFS-mounted ...

Thanks for the help so far ...

Nenad

Collin Park wrote:

D E Hammond wrote:
As Collin noted, these look ok. But I have one thought that's such a
long-shot it's probably laughable. Might the permissions on the root (/)
directory have been changed by accident?

AHA!!  Now THERE's a possibility that makes a lot of sense.

Just a shot in the dark.

And likely to be on target.  I do want to see if any of the relevant
directories are NFS mounted though.