Procmail & QPopper

2001-01-27 02:23:31
We are setting up a server with Sendmail, Qpopper and Procmail.

Using Qpopper, there is a way (that is soposedly better) for storing mail..

/var/mail/a/a
/var/mail/a/b
/var/mail/a/c
/var/mail/z/a
/var/mail/z/b
/var/mail/z/c

So the username tech for example would be put in /var/mail/t/e/tech..

Now, Qpopper is just the pop3 server, but procmail (in place of the old 'mail'
system on our bbsd box) actually saves the mail locally.. how can we setup
procmail (or can we? and if we can't, what can we use?) to use qpoppers
structure?

Another interesting question, ... If you have, say 10,000 users on a box, and
each one has their own mail placed in /var/mail, won't that be somewhat SLOW
being so many names to be accessed in one directory? isn't it better to do the
above way?

thanks.

(tech(_at_)squid(_dot_)tznet(_dot_)com)
-scott