few questions on procmail

2001-01-27 17:47:40

Greetings,

 I'm curios about procmail. There are questions I would like to ask some
clarificatory questions.

1)  How would you find the path to the procmail program?  On the Digiweb
system, what is the correct path to procmail?

2)  What is the purpose of the .forward file when using procmail to filter
email?

3)  What would the correct .forward file look like?  What would the
permissions have to be for procmail to work correctly?

4)  What are the exact effects of the following lines when found in a
.procmailrc file ?

:0 c
* (^TO)(admin|alan|webmaster|support)@
! person(_at_)emails(_dot_)com

:0:
* ^FROM.*listsrv*
/dev/null

5)  What steps you would have to go through to get procmail to log to a file
so that you can log what emails have been parsed?

That's all and I'm waiting for reply.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Allan