RE: move incoming mail from /var/spool/mail/$logsuer to $home/user?

2001-01-30 03:50:44
It works well, all incoming mail is now moved to my user's folder.
Now, the problem is we can't get mail with client mailer like Outlook...

Is there another variable to put somewhere ?

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Matt Dunford [mailto:matt(_at_)stary(_dot_)zoomedia(_dot_)com]
Envoyé : lundi 29 janvier 2001 20:25
À : Minh Dang-Recalt
Cc : procmail(_at_)lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE
Objet : Re: move incoming mail from /var/spool/mail/$logsuer to
$home/user?

If you're the only one using the system.  I think you can just redefine
the DEFAULT var.

# save all my mail to my home directory
DEFAULT=/home/minh/spool
:0:
$DEFAULT

Or if you need to do this globally, perhaps put this in the global
promailrc file:

# redefine the default mail spool
DEFAULT=$HOME/spool

All this is untested, of course.

On Mon, 29 Jan 2001, Minh Dang-Recalt wrote:

Hello,

I'm running RedHat 6.2 / Sendmail 8.9.3-20 and Procmail v3.14.
My /var partition is full and i'd like user's mailbox to be located in
their
home directory (the /home partition is bigger !)
What must i do ?

Thanks for your helps.

Minh Dang-Recalt