Re: Fwd: Re: Spam Bouncing + Forwarding?

2001-02-02 03:20:22
Paul Marxhausen <pmarxhausen(_at_)unl(_dot_)edu> writes:
Ooops.  Not quite.  Just sends one copy through procmail, forwards
another.  Don't think there's a way around digging through my
sb.rc recipe and replacing saves-to-default-folder with a command
to forward the mail on to another account.  That's show biz.

Also means I can't really have a single sb.rc file used by all
users on my system since that file will say where to forward
all "clean" e-mail.  Have to give each user their own copy.
As I said, you do what you gotta do.

Hmm, what if you wrote the generic rcfile to do its thing only if the
variable FORWARD_ADDRESS is set to the target address.  Then at the top
of the rcfile use the INCLUDERC variable to read in a file in the user's
home directory that would contain an assignment to that variable:

FORWARD_ADDRESS = myotheraccount(_at_)somewhere(_dot_)else(_dot_)edu

The file recipe of the rcfile would look like:

        :0 w
        * FORWARD_ADDRESS ?? .
        ! "$FORWARD_ADDRESS"

Alternatively, the file could just contain the address and you would use
backquotes to read the file into a variable, but that requires an extra
process (cat) each time.  Using a variable assignment lets procmail do
the reading directly.

Philip Guenther