Re: External Accounts mails not working

2001-02-03 07:17:39
From: PSE-L(_at_)mail(_dot_)professional(_dot_)org (Professional Software
Engineering)

Please note: the procmail list address has changed.
If the list address reported in 'procmail -v' isn't
'procmail-users(_at_)procmail(_dot_)org', you're running an old version
of procmail and should probably consider upgrading it (no, not
just because the address is old).

I find this an ironically funny, albeit valid, comment coming from
you in particular, Sean - no insult intended, as your contributions
here are almost always useful and welcome, but just bear with me
for a moment:

You have yet to change the Reply-To: in your list contributions
to the new address.  (It's known to me that you set the Reply-To:
to conform with your explict wish not to be cc'd on list mail.
This parenthetical remark explains that bit to those reading along
vicariously who were not aware.)  So when one does a group reply,
as one is wont to do in order to send a copy of the missive to the
originator, well - in the case of your messages, the default
behavior will be to bombard the list with two copies of the
reply: one to the old list address (which gets forwarded),
and one to the new.

For example, in sending this message to the list, I will, in
a moment - when I'm done writing, but before sending - have
had to remember to run the ~h command in /usr/bin/Mail and
manually remove the old list address that sits next to the
new list address on the To: line; else I will have plagued
all of you with a second copy of this.

(Sean, time to change your Reply-To: to match the new
address.)  :-)

--
Netcom has imploded.  Please now use NOTnetcom.com for mail.
Ex-Netcommies:  Mail "forwards" for free forwarding service!