Rejecting unknown users

2001-02-07 08:44:07
In my school district, we want to give our middle schoolers e-mail accounts,
but we also want to limit who then can receive e-mail from (and who they can
send it to, but that's more of a sendmail question :-)

Anyway, I'm running RedHat 7.0 and procmail is all set up. What I'm
wondering is:

-Can I have a global procmailrc file that checks the username (all of our
middle school students account names begin with 05, 06, and 07) and let
through e-mail from a list of approved addresses (and quietly discard all
others)?

I've started going through the FAQs, but all I've seen so far deal with
rejecting known addresses, and I want to only accept known addresses.

Thanks!

P.s. And if you know where to look to limit who the students send e-mail to,
that would be very nice!

--
Ryan Collins             Kenton City Schools Technology Coordinator
collinsr(_at_)kenton(_dot_)k12(_dot_)oh(_dot_)us

"Spoon feeding in the long run teaches us nothing but the shape of the
spoon."
-E. M. Forster