Re: Rejecting unknown users

2001-02-08 09:23:59
On  8 Feb, Douglas L . Potts wrote:
| Quoting Postmaster <allemail(_at_)kenton(_dot_)k12(_dot_)oh(_dot_)us>:
| > P.s. I'm assuming I can trash the LOG line once I get it working, since I
| > don't want to worry about 450 procmail.log files growing out of control!
| You might want to keep the log file around in some form, maybe gzipping
| it after X time.  But the important part would be to make sure that:
|
| VERBOSE=OFF

That makes sense. Things can be working fine, then blow up seemingly out
of nowhere. But IIRC, LOGFILE is set to a file in each users $HOME
directory, and that's what the reference is to 450 log files. I don't
have any experience setting LOGFILE in this manner from /etc/procmailrc,
but if it is in fact writing to a separate logfile for each user I'd
suggest changing that. I write to one logfile (well actually two under
some circumstances) from /etc/procmailrc, and then a private one when
procmail processes ~/.procmailrc.

Don Hammond