Re: Q]

2001-02-08 04:11:38
At 17:36 2001-02-06 -0600, Jinpyo Hong wrote:

What is the following error message?

Procmail couldn't write to the mailbox to create it. I believe typical causes are that the directory isn't owned by group mail, or perhaps doesn't even exist (meaning that procmail was compiled for a different config than what it is running on).

How can I fix it?

I'd start by posting the appropriate segment of the recipe that is causing the error, and perhaps logfile info from either side of the error itself, for context.

procmail: Couldn't create "/var/spool/mail/jphong1"

What does 'procmail -v' report for your system mailbox, and does that directory exist (/var/spool/mail/ ?), is the directory owned by group 'mail' ?

It'd also help to know the _version_ of procmail you're running (also reported by the above command).

For insights, see the archives: