Re: local mail

2001-02-12 03:41:23
Homer Wilson Smith <homer(_at_)lightlink(_dot_)com> writes:
   I wish to test a global spam filter that resides in /etc/procmailrc

   To test I want the filter in place, but I want ALL mail
delivered to the end user even if it matches the filter.

:0c:
*^ Subject: XXX Horney pictures of your mother!
spamtrap.caught

   Will this deliver the mail to the file called spamtrap.caught AND
deliver to end user also?

Yes.

   Remember this is GLOBAL procmailrc not a per user .procmailrc

The fundamental behavior of /etc/procmailrc is the save as a user
$HOME/.procmailrc.  The only differences I can think of are
a) the /etc/procmailrc runs with UID=0 (but look for DROPPRIVS in the
   procmailrc(5) manpage)
b) $_ expands to "/etc/procmailrc" instead of "$HOME/.procmailrc",
   but that should be obvious.

Homer Wilson Smith   Clean Air, Clear Water,  Art Matrix - Lightlink
(607) 277-0959       A Green Earth and Peace. Internet Access, Ithaca NY
homer(_at_)lightlink(_dot_)com  Is that too much to ask?
http://www.lightlink.com

Clean air and water are both Good Things.  What real question is what
we're willing to do and give up in quest of them.  I think practically
everyone would agree that killing a person just because he or she drives
a smelly/inefficient car is Too Much.  Turning off all the computers in
the world would eliminate a huge amount of pollution from electricity
generation, in the short term, but would kill our chances of developing
cleaner forms of production, not to mention eliminating *many* jobs and
lowering the "quality of life" of a lot of people.  The question isn't
whether the ends are good, but what means we'll use to get there.

Philip Guenther