Re: matching multiple static email addresses in a variable

2001-02-20 14:27:11
On 20 Feb, Timothy J. Luoma wrote:

| I have a variable called ME which is defined like this:

ME="(one(_at_)place\(_dot_)com|another(_at_)elsewhere\(_dot_)org|still(_at_)yetanother\(_dot_)gov)"

| Then I want to be able to use it in recipes such as
|
| :0
| * ^To:.*$ME
| { blah blah blah }
|
| But it doesn't seem to work.
|
| [...]
|
| so what really simple thing am I overlooking?

You're just missing a '$' to tell procmail to evaluate the condition
according to "sh(1) substitution rules inside double quotes" (from the
procmailrc man page).

* $ ^To:.*$ME
  ^
  ^

Without it, the variable doesn't get expanded, and you're trying to
match the literal variable name instead of the value you intended.

--
 /"\                                                 Don Hammond
 \ /     ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN