Re: Always running two recipes, and delivering to /dev/null if either recipe was a success.

2001-02-21 20:21:54
At 18:03 2001-02-21 -0600, FireEgl (Philip) wrote:
I want to run two recipes, one extracts attachments, the other extracts URLs
from the message, and if either one was a success then I don't want it to go
to $DEFAULT..

How can I do this?

At the end of your .procmailrc (after ALL of your other recipes):

:0
* ! LASTFOLDER ?? ^^^^
/dev/null

If LASTFOLDER *IS NOT* empty (that is, has been assigned, and therefore, the message was handled in some form above), then trash the message.

Anyone more familiar with the procmail sorce is welcome to elaborate or correct, but AFAIK, the above should work. I'd advise that you set up a simple backup recipe and turn on logging, and see what happens when the recipe reaches this point.