using an external program to modify an email

2001-02-26 17:15:57
I'm trying to use a perl script I wrote to filter my
email. The script takes lines in on STDIN and prints
the modified lines to STDOUT.
In my ~/.procmailrc I have
:0 fwhb
| $HOME/perl/line_breaks # HOME is set properly.

But nothing happens. How can I get it to use my
script? If there's an easier way to pass it to the
script, I'll do it that way (the script is easy to
change).
Or is there a way using procmail's rules to break
lines over 80 characters at a word boundary?

I read thru the man pages procmail, procmailrc, and
procmailex, searched the list archive, and checked the
FAQ, but couldn't find anything about this.

Thanks,
Jason