Nicer Error Message

2001-02-28 09:29:16
Hello!

I am currently running Sendmail-8.11.2 with Procmail-3.14 on a RedHat
Linux 6.2 system.

Whenever sendmail/procmail has a problem with delivering the email to a
recipent, the following error message will be sent back to the sender of
the email :-

The original message was received at Tue, 27 Feb 2001 17:40:43 +0800
from localhost.localdomain [1.1.1.1]

<a(_at_)b(_dot_)com>
    (reason: 1)

/home/users/a/.vacation.yes:
/home/users/a/.vacation.yes: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/maildir:
maildir_deliver(0,"/home/users/a/Maildir") failed
procmail: Error while writing to " /usr/bin/maildir create
$HOME/Maildir;
/usr/bin/maildir deliver $HOME/Maildir"
554 5.3.0 <a(_at_)b(_dot_)com>... unknown mailer error 1

The above actions and commands are what I have in my /etc/procmailrc
file.

I am wondering if it is possible to make sendmail/procmail return back a
customised and more friendly message instead of just the above? Like for
example is it possible to return a simple message saying that
"a(_at_)b(_dot_)com
has exceeded his disk quota and will not be able to receive any more
emails until he has cleared his mailbox. Please try again later" .

Thanks in advance for any help!