Re: RegEx question... use of period

2001-03-02 20:01:34
On Fri, 2 Mar 2001 AndyC(_at_)dice(_dot_)com wrote:

I am trying to create a recipie that would accept mail addressed to any
somethingDOTsomething(_at_)domain(_dot_)com (i.e., firstname.lastname) address
and
forward it all to one place.  My problem is with the regular expression
format of the first.last part - since putting "." and "*" together works as
a wildcard.

Any help on syntax would be appreciated.

A literal "." is represented by escaping it with \ giving "\."

So:

(_dot_)+\(_dot_)(_dot_)+(_at_)domain\(_dot_)com

Meaning: One or more of any character, a dot, one or more of any
character, an @, domain dot com.