Mail doesn't go to spool

2001-03-25 19:22:50

Greetings,

I'm trying to figure out why procmail is not copying mail to my spool at
/var/spool/mail/gctaylor after processing this simple recipe file.  It gets
copied to the backup dir just fine, but that is the only place that I can tell
it is being delivered.  I know it is the top two recipe lines causing me grief
but I thought with the 'c' option it would copy the mail into the
dir and keep processing. If no recipes matched and it fell off of the end then
it would be filed into the default mail spool.    How I think this should work
is copy all mail to my backup dir under Mail and also keep a copy of the mail
in my incoming mail spool unless it is from Cron.

Thanks for any advice.
Gary

SHELL=/bin/sh
MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail
LOGFILE=$HOME/.procmaillog
VERBOSE=yes

:0:c    # This section copies every message into backup while I debug
backup

:0:ic
| cd backup && rm -f dummy `ls -t msg.* | sed -e 1,32d`

:0:   # cron output
* ^Subject: Cron
cron

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[gctaylor(_at_)speedygt gctaylor]$ procmail -v
procmail v3.14 1999/11/22, Copyright (c) 1999, Stephen R. van den Berg
                                                        <srb(_at_)cuci(_dot_)nl>

Locking strategies:     dotlocking, fcntl()
Default rcfile:         $HOME/.procmailrc
        It may be writable by your primary group
Your system mailbox:    /var/spool/mail/gctaylor

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[gctaylor(_at_)speedygt gctaylor]$ mailstat -s $HOME/.procmaillog

  Total  Number Folder
  -----  ------ ------
   1074       1 backup/
      0       1  ## procmail: [4208] Sat Mar 24 21:57:05 2001
      0       1  ## procmail: Acquiring kernel-lock
      0       1  ## procmail: Assigning "LASTFOLDER=backup/msg.MW3"
      0       1  ## procmail: Locking "c"
      0       1  ## procmail: Notified comsat:
"gctaylor(_at_)0:/home/gctaylor/Mail/backup/msg.MW3"
      0       1  ## procmail: Opening "backup/msg.MW3"
      0       1  ## procmail: Unlocking "c"
   1074       8