Re: Recipe to strip attachments

2001-03-25 18:39:16

I am hoping someone out there can help me. I have written a perl
script which searches for MIME boundaries in a message and based
on the header content will strip out the MIME section and replace
it with something else or filter out certain content from the
section (such as HTML script and object tags). The perl script
reads the message in on STDIN and writes all its data out onto STDOUT.

Isn't that exactly what 'metamail' does?

Have you tried using it (at least as a starting point) and see if that
works for you?  I've found it quite handy myself.

TjL

ps find metamail here:
http://bmrc.berkeley.edu/~trey/emacs/metamail.html