forwarding and From

2001-03-29 00:49:12
Hi,
I am trying to acomplish the following:
I can e-mail some address and get the From and Subject line as an SMS on
my cell phone. So naturally I want to forward selected e-mails to the
cell phone. Unfortunatly, the software used by the cell phone company is
relatively stupid, and instead of correctly extract the right From:
field, it just takes the first line, which is the From with the address
which forwards. Example (I left only the relevant headers):

From fab(_at_)math(_dot_)jussieu(_dot_)fr  Wed Mar 28 06:41:20 2001
From: Fabrice Planchon <fab(_at_)ann(_dot_)jussieu(_dot_)fr>
To: fab(_at_)math(_dot_)jussieu(_dot_)fr
Subject: blabla

What I get on the cell phone is

From fab(_at_)math(_dot_)jussieu(_dot_)fr Subject: blabla

while of course I'd like

From fab(_at_)ann(_dot_)jussieu(_dot_)fr Subject: blabla

So, is there any (non-convoluted) way to achieve this ? I understand
the offending from is added by sendmail while forwarding, but on the
other end if I manually feed a message to the listening sendmail daemon,
I'll set the from as I wish using "mail from:". So, can I achieve this
in a simpler way ?
(I did check the archives, without success so far)
thanks to cc me any reply, I am not currently subscribed,

                             F.