Re: "if this then that" logic doesn't seem to work

2001-04-02 09:57:29
"Wade A. Mosely" wrote:

[snip]

I am fairly new to using procmail.  I am curious: Is the
following recipe functionally equivalent?  Is there any reason to
not simplify it in this manner?  (I am thinking that Don
Hammond's solution is less resource intensive, since it only
egreps the body if the previous conditions match.  Am I correct?)

:0
* ^From(_dot_)123247N(_at_)knotes(_dot_)kodak(_dot_)com
* ^Subject:.*test
* B ?? xxff
! bird(_at_)cyber(_dot_)kodak(_dot_)com

     :0 A:
     in-testing

Almost correct.  You also need a "c" flag on the first recipe,
or it will stop and never deliver to "in-testing".

Efficiency should be about the same.  Yours also won't egrep the
body if the previous conditions don't match.

HTH,
Stan