merged messages mystery

2001-04-05 00:22:19
Some users of our network (a Debian unstable mail server with postfix,
procmail, uw-imap, uw-ipop3d and Oulook Express clients) report
instances of merged e-mail messages: two separate messages become one
with merged headers and loss of one of the messages' body.

Myself (using fetchmail and procmail) I have occasionnaly received
merged messages in which the bodies were joined by a thick slab of null
characters.

Has anybody dealt with theses phenomena yet?

[ see example of merged message as attachment ]

--
First Law of System Requirements:
   "Anything is possible if you don't know what you're talking about..."