Procmail and Mailbox Separators

2001-04-05 07:22:21
I am using procmail-3.14 with the following definitions in my config.h:

 #define sMAILBOX_SEPARATOR      "\1\1\1\1\n"    /* sTART- and eNDing separ.  */
 #define eMAILBOX_SEPARATOR      "\1\1\1\1\n"    /* uncomment (one or both)

as we use Control A's to start and end pieces of email in MMDF format
on our mail servers.  Recently someone send a piece of email containing
a single line of 4 control A's to several of our users, and from
testing it looks like procmail allows the line of Control A's to be
pass through into the mailbox.  This, of course, gets the mailbox "out
of sync", and causes the mailbox to get corrupted.  Anyone else notice
this problem?  (Or have I missed something in setting procmail up?)

Thanks,
Kent Ziebell