Re: Bounced mail

2001-04-05 13:37:30

From: Poohba <poohba(_at_)poohba(_dot_)adsl(_dot_)duke(_dot_)edu>
Date: Thursday, April 5, 2001 3:12 pm
Subject: Re: Bounced mail

What I am actually trying to accomplish is to fool someone into
believing that my email is no longer valid.  This is someone that I
don't want to be bothered with but I also want her to think that my
email is not working which is why she cannot contact me.

Ah, spring.... when boys' thoughts turn to dumping their girlfriends....

So is it possible that I can send all mail from her back to her
undelivered?

*sigh*

Assuming her email address is "myex(_at_)subdomain(_dot_)duke(_dot_)edu"...

:0
* ^From:.*\<myex(_at_)subdomain\(_dot_)duke\(_dot_)edu\>
{
EXITCODE=67
DELIVERED=yes
:0
/dev/null

}

If your system uses a .forward then it will not look as convincing as
if sendmail is setup to use procmail directly.

BTW you may want to turn off 'fingerd' on your machine in case she
decides to check your machine that way.

Also, if she gets a new email address (and we all know how hard those
are to come by) she'll be able to send you mail.

<soapbox>
Wouldn't it be easier in the long run to just be honest with her,
rather than filtering her email?  Yeah it takes more effort initially,
but such is life...
</soapbox>