Procmail Mailboxes

2001-04-17 00:23:28

Procmail is delivering my mail to the right mailbox as pointed in the
DEFAULT variable in .procmailrc. This mailbox is in the user home
directory, and procmail is called from .qmail file since i'm using qmail
to receive my mail. I have no need to use /var/spool/mail, so i deleted
it. But everytime procmail processes some messages, it complains in the
maillog (although the mail its indeed delivered) that cannot write to
/var/spool/mail/someuser. This is the message:
Apr 15 20:37:21 roku qmail: 987359841.904541 delivery
2: success: procmail:_Couldn't_create_"/var/spool/mail/someuser"/did_0+0+1/

I guess procmail _always_ tries to write to /var/spool/mail besides the
config variables in .procmailrc. Is there some way to avoid this behavior,
or procmail needs to be recompiled to fix this? If it's the last case,
i think procmail should be less sendmail-dependent and not try to write to
/var/spool/mail cause some mta's are never going to use this directory.

Please cc to me because i'm not subscribed to procmail-users list. Thanks

David Gómez

"The question of whether computers can think is just like the question of
 whether submarines can swim." -- Edsger W. Dijkstra