Re: Sending confirmation to sender

2001-04-17 04:12:43
Rada Chirkova wrote:
I need a program that will do the following: on receipt of an email
message, it would automatically send the sender a confirmation.

Can procmail do this? If not, is there any other standard program that can
do this?

Yes, procmail can be used to do this, but PLEASE be very careful
about excluding addresses from such action, or you will be
sending "confirmation" messages back for every mailing list
message you receive, which could make you rather unpopular.  :)

:0 h c
* !^FROM_DAEMON
* !^List-Id:\ discussion\ of\ the\ procmail\ program
* !^From:.*some_other_mailing_list
| ( formail -r -I"Precedence: junk"               \
            -A "X-Loop: your(_at_)email(_dot_)address" ;     \
            echo "I received your email.";        \
            echo "-- ";                           \
            cat $HOME/.signature )                \
            | $SENDMAIL -oi -t

I have not tested this, but it might help to give you a start.

Good luck!

        -- Mr. Wade

--
Linux: The Choice of the GNU Generation