Re: archiving all but 100 newest messages to other folder

2001-04-17 10:28:11
Hi,

On 2001.04.17 17:14 David W. Tamkin wrote:
So that brings up the big questions.  First, should the 100 messages that
stay where they are be counted from the bottom or the top of the current
mbox?  Second, should the routine be rerun with every new message, with
every
nth new message (say, if n=10, that means that 109 messages are allowed
but
when the 110th comes in ten of them are moved to the archive folder), or
at
preset times (called from cron, for example)?

The messages that need to stay would be the bottom 100.

I thing that running the mechanism for each message that arrives would be
ok, anything else would be a nice extra ;-)

This would be a very handy thing for mailing lists for which I want to keep
the old messages, but want the mbox with the relevant messages small and
quick to access for pine (or balsa).

Cheers,
Ben

--
Ben Peter - Feldstrasse 8 - 35091 Coelbe
      Ben(_dot_)Peter(_at_)t-online(_dot_)de