Re: I need to append text to the subject line

2001-04-20 01:39:47
On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 10:08:24PM -0500, Scott Severance wrote:
I'm new to procmail. Is there a way to append text to the
beginning of the subject line of every incoming message
then bounce it to another address? I going to be traveling
and the Internet connection cost will be prohibitive if I
don't use a shared-mail address :-( . But, My name needs to be
it the start of the subject line so people will know the
message is for me. Anyone have any ideas?

OK, that's an easy one:

:0
* ^TO_mssever(_at_)swau\(_dot_)edu
* ^Subject:\/.*
{
        # keep an unmangled copy locally
        :0c:
        $DEFAULT

        # mangle subject
        :0fhw
        | formail -i "Subject: [Hi Mom!]$MATCH"

        # forward
        :0
        ! my(_at_)forwarding(_dot_)address(_dot_)org

 HIPPOLYTE: Je permets tout le reste à mon libre courroux.
            Sortez de l'sclavage où vous êtes réduite.
                                          (Phèdre, J-B Racine, acte 5, scène 1)