Double delivery of messages

2001-04-23 06:24:03
I'm trying to track down why, and irregularly, I sometimes get messages delivered twice.

My .procmailrc starts out with:

PATH=/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/bin:.
MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail      # You'd better make sure it exists
# DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/Inbox
                        # We don't use a global lockfile here now.
                        # Instead we use local lockfiles everywhere.
                        # This allows mail to arrive in all mailboxes
                        # concurrently, or allows you to read one mailbox
                        # while mail arrives in another.

# LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/From.log     # Put it here, in order to avoid logging
                                # the arrival of the digest.

# System Logs
:0
* ^Subject:.*(system.*check|security.*check|run.*output)
SystemLogs

Then, I change the directory with:

#
# Change MAILDIR to the "Lists" subdirectory
#
MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail/Lists

# Postfix-Users List
:0:
* ^(From|Cc|To|Sender|Delivered-To)(_dot_)*postfix-users(_at_)postfix(_dot_)org
Postfix

The rest is just normal stuff. The messages that get delivered double-time are ones destined to me, in my regular mailbox. Again, it doesn't always happen.

This is on FreeBSD-4.2-STABLE.

Any clues?

Thanks,

_F