Problem: address not caught in To: header

2001-04-23 23:03:48
Hi everyone,

  I'm currently using procmail to manage all of the email coming to my
(virtual) host, and had a problem today.  I received a message which was
sent out to a large committee which I am on, which contains around 100
people.  Now, my email address Matthew(_at_)Manuel(_dot_)ca is usually caught
and
forwarded to my main mail acct.  For some reason, this message was not (it
"fell off the end" of my .procmailrc and ended up in my mail account on the
host).

  I thought at first it might have been because procmail treated the
patterns case-sensitively, but a quick test by sending a message to myself
at MATTHEW(_at_)MANUEL(_dot_)CA forwarded correctly.

  The only ideas I have at this point are the following:

- The To: header was too long and procmail did not parse the entire header
(my address was the 68th address in the To: field)

- There was something about the format of the addresses which confused
procmail.  The format was as follows:

To: Listname <user(_at_)host(_dot_)com>, user(_at_)host(_dot_)com,
user(_at_)host(_dot_)com,
     user(_at_)host(_dot_)com, user(_at_)host(_dot_)com,
user(_at_)host(_dot_)com,
        { ... snip ... }
     user(_at_)host(_dot_)com, user(_at_)host(_dot_)com

I'm rather new (weeks) to procmail, so maybe there is something obvious I'm
missing.

Have a good one,

        -Matthew
--
    |       _    ___  Matthew Manuel
Matthew(_at_)Manuel(_dot_)ca
 _ (=)     |:|____--| Halifax, Nova Scotia                   www.Manuel.ca
|.| |      |:|==| |-|      via Mississauga, Ontario          ICQ# 13963820
|.| | ////\\:|==| |-|  "Forever never seems that long until your grown"
|.| ^|      ||==| |-|               - Andre 3000 of Outkast, "Ms. Jackson"
<EOT>