Re: Problem: address not caught in To: header

2001-04-24 08:33:10

On Tue, 24 Apr 2001, John Patton wrote:

Send us the recipes for this... its kind-of hard to know
whats going on without it. Meanwhile you could try using the
^TO_ pattern for matching, if you arn't already. Otherwise,
starting your pattern with ^to:.* will only match the To:
fields and nothing else.

This is what I had:

:0
* ^TO.( |<)*matthew(_at_)manuel(_dot_)ca
    ! manuel(_at_)cs(_dot_)dal(_dot_)ca
}

  I just changed it form TO to TO_, although I don't think that will make a
difference in my case.  What subtle difference can this change make?
Could email addresses with numerics stop the original recipe from
working???  How about the <triangle brackets> in the addresses listed
before mine in the header?

  My address was written correctly in the email which should have been
bounced, it was just burried deep in the header.

Thanks!
        -Matthew
--
    |       _    ___  Matthew Manuel
Matthew(_at_)Manuel(_dot_)ca
 _ (=)     |:|____--| Halifax, Nova Scotia                   www.Manuel.ca
|.| |      |:|==| |-|      via Mississauga, Ontario          ICQ# 13963820
|.| | ////\\:|==| |-|  "Forever never seems that long until your grown"
|.| ^|      ||==| |-|               - Andre 3000 of Outkast, "Ms. Jackson"
<EOT>