Re: Problem: address not caught in To: header

2001-04-25 06:55:54
On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 08:23:58AM -0500, David W. Tamkin wrote:
John Patton wrote an excellent response to Matthew Manuel's question, and
Matthew had only one thing to ask in follow-up:

| Would ^TO be confused by triangle brackets, as opposed to ^TO_ ?

No.  Both are willing to stop at a left-side angle bracket.

Looking at the regex again, I would have to say that the
angle brackets are not the problem. The TO_ regex matches
a "To" or a "Cc", etc, followed by a ":", which may or
may not then be followed by any amount of stuff which is
itself followed by something that is not a dash, a letter,
a number, an underscore, or a period. Both a space and an
angle bracket get through that exclusion, and so the angle
bracket should definately not get in the way.

--
John Patton                      patton66(_at_)home(_dot_)com
Get my GnuPG public key: finger john(_at_)24(_dot_)22(_dot_)215(_dot_)225

"Death: to stop sinning suddenly."
- Anonymous