Re: Problem: address not caught in To: header

2001-04-26 21:49:29
Matthew Manuel wrote:

The only ideas I have at this point are the following:
- The To: header was too long and procmail did not parse the entire header
(my address was the 68th address in the To: field)

I'm rather new (weeks) to procmail, so maybe there is something obvious I'm
missing.

  Try setting LINEBUF to a larger value to ensure it gets the entire
line.  E.g. something like...

LINEBUF=16384

  Here's a relavant snippet from "man procmailrc"...

 LINEBUF     Length of the internal line buffers, cannot be
             set smaller than 128.  All lines read from the
             rcfile  should  not exceed $LINEBUF characters
             before and after expansion.  If not specified,
             it  defaults  to 2048.  This limit, of course,
             does not apply to the mail itself,  which  can
             have  arbitrary  line  lengths,  or could be a
             binary file for that matter.  See  also  PROC-
             MAIL_OVERFLOW.