Re: Problem: address not caught in To: header

2001-04-25 06:26:35
On Tue, Apr 24, 2001 at 02:21:28PM -0400, Matthew Manuel wrote:
On Tue, 24 Apr 2001, John Patton wrote:

The difference between ^TO and ^TO_ is that the former is
designed to match against a word, while the latter is meant
to match against an address. Since you have an address, the
^TO_ form would be more appropriate. It may or may not make
a difference in and of itself, but I don't think that it
would hurt.

Would ^TO be confused by triangle brackets, as opposed to ^TO_ ?

Hmmm... in looking at the regex, I think that it may be
possible. You could try something like:

    * ^TO_(_dot_)?name(_at_)isp

Or, if you know that the address is always in the To: field,
you can dispense with the TO_ macro a use something more
standard:

    * ^to:(_dot_)*name(_at_)isp

The later will definately not have problems with angle
brackets.

--
John Patton                      patton66(_at_)home(_dot_)com
Get my GnuPG public key: finger john(_at_)24(_dot_)22(_dot_)215(_dot_)225

"A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything, and
the value of nothing."  - Oscar Wilde