Re: Subject matching failing

2001-04-25 06:34:36
On Tue, Apr 24, 2001 at 08:13:33PM -0400, Hermann Wecke wrote:
I need a recipe to match the subject. If the subject contains ".com.cn",
the mail wil be forwarded to several e-mails.

So I tried this:

:0c
* ^TOmy(_at_)e-mail\(_dot_)com
* ^Mailing-List: (_dot_)*alldas-defaced(_at_)defaced\(_dot_)alldas\(_dot_)de
* ^Subject: .*\.com\.cn
! mail1, mail2, mail3.....

Nope... the recipe never matches.

What is the correct rule for matching the subject, when there a lot of
other stuffs before what I want to match?

This is the subject line:

Subject: [alldas-defaced] domain.name.is.here defaced by BlahBlahBlahBlah

I assume that you want your messages to match all 3 regexes,
right? It may be one of those that is failing to match. The
subject part of it looks alright. You might try weeding out
some of that stuff if it's not totally neccessary... if the
only time you get subject lines containing ".com.cn" is from
the mailing list, then you don't really need the other 2
entries, for example. Otherwise, I would turn verbose
logging on for a while and then check the logs to find out
what's happening.

--
John Patton                      patton66(_at_)home(_dot_)com
Get my GnuPG public key: finger john(_at_)24(_dot_)22(_dot_)215(_dot_)225

"A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything, and
the value of nothing."  - Oscar Wilde