Re: Need .procmailrc for a gateway.

2001-05-21 13:14:02
At 20:47 2001-05-21 +0200, eb5esx(_at_)linux(_dot_)ea5rke(_dot_)ampr(_dot_)org
wrote:

We have .procmailrc for our packet-radio gateway machine.

Sounds rather like you _don't_ have a .procmailrc.

The subject of the original email that we receive is the email
address for the destination email and the subject for this new
email will be a fixed subject, like a "Email from Packet Radio
Gateway".

You'll need to pick up the other contents of the .procmailrc from a FAQ, and adapt that to your specific installation (paths and whatnot). The specific RULE (or "recipe" as they're called) to do something like you're asking is:

:0
* ^TOrelayaddress(_at_)yourdomain(_dot_)com
* ^Subject:[    ]*\/[^  ].*
* !^FROM_DAEMON
* !^X-Loop:(_dot_)*relayaddress(_at_)yourdomain(_dot_)com
| formail -I "Subject: Email from Packet Radio Gateway" \
      -A "X-Loop: relayaddress(_at_)yourdomain(_dot_)com" \
      -I "To: $MATCH" | $SENDMAIL -t

Something like this should do the trick. As my disclaimer indicates, this is untested, and unwarranted for anything except discussion fodder.