Re: mailforwarding problems

2001-06-01 07:02:05
(As another poster mentioned, you should include at least the recipe
in question.  I often skip questions without enough information.)

Andreas =?iso-8859-1?q?M=FCller?= wrote:
following errors in the logs:

procmail: Couldn't determine implicit lockfile from "/usr/sbin/sendmail"
procmail: Error while writing to "/usr/sbin/sendmail"

That means your recipe starts with something like
        :0:
but since you're forwarding, there's no disk file involved for it
to generate a lockfile name from... but then, since you're
just feeding it to a pipe, you don't need (or want) a lockfile.
Just delete the second colon
        :0

Then in the sendmail logs I have these errors:

May 28 13:25:55 localhost sendmail[1186]: f4SBPtu01186: SYSERR(am): Can't
create transcript file ./xff4SBPtu01186: Permission denied
[...]

This, however, is something else, unrelated.  Sorry I can't help
there, except to note that it sounds like a directory permissions
problem.

Stan