Re: problem with procmail and quotas

2001-06-04 23:03:03
"Silvestre Malta" <smalta(_at_)fleximedia(_dot_)pt> writes:
Hello, im trying to configure my system to work with procmail.
I have many mail accounts in my system, and quotas are working.
but i want to implement procmail to work with quotas.
I have already put procmail working, but it isn't the way that y want.
In this moment when a mail arrive's if the user have not quota to
receive mail than the mail is not delivered
in is mail account, but the mail is put in admin account, and y don't
want it !!

That _should_ only be happening when the admin account sent the message
(or to be precise, when the admin account is the envelope sender).

i would like to implement like this way:
when a mail arrives, if the user have not quota to receive the mail,
then the mail goes to (i dont know, maybe, /dev/null )
and the person who have sent the mail, will receive a mail explaining
that the mail sent was not delivered because the user
have not quota to receive the mail ..

Normally, the bounce message _is_ sent to the sender.  It sounds like the
envelope sender is getting munged somewhere.  Hmm, do you have any log
entries (e.g., /var/log/maillog) from when you tested this?  It would
be interesting to see the entry that shows the "from=" clause for a
message that was sent from an account other than the "admin account"
that bounced because the recipient was over quota.

So: in this moment i have the following configuration in my sendmail.cf:

Mlocal,         P=/usr/bin/procmail, F=SAw5:|/@qglDFMPhsfn, S=10/30, R=20/40,
               T=DNS/RFC822/X-Unix,
               A=mail $u

Uh, that last line should look something like
        A=procmail -Y -a $h -d $u

Please say that you didn't edit your sendmail.cf file directly!
You should not do that anymore, but rather generate the file from a
sendmail.mc file using M4, in which case making procmail the local
mailer would be taken care of by the line
        FEATURE(`local_procmail')

Philip Guenther