Re: Setting a variable for MSGPREFIX

2001-06-05 00:36:29
Aaron Bell <abell(_at_)americanphysicians(_dot_)net> writes:
I'm setting up procmail at my company. I'm using it to copy incoming mail to
several different folders for archiving purposes. I want to find out if
there is a way to set the MSGPREFIX value in a .procmailrc file to a
variable, that is, so it doesn't read whatever it is set to as plain text.
Ideally, I'd like it to be something as a date/time stamp with the user's
name. Anyone out there done this before?

You can set MSGPREXIX to anything you want, including values that are
derived from the date or the sender's address.  For a quick example,
consider:

MSGPREFIX = `date +%Y-%m-%d.`

Philip Guenther