Re: Simple Auto-Responder

2001-06-05 00:32:21
"Gordon Vivace" <gordon(_at_)netlinkrg(_dot_)com> writes:
I have been using the following simple auto-response routine in .procmailrc
for some time.  I usually just copy a file I keep called procmailrc
(including the routine below) to .procmailrc when I go out of town, and
change the XXXXXX you see in the routine to the specific date I'll be back.

Suddenly, it doesn't work.  There have been no configuration changes to the
server and I am just at a loss.  I deleted it and wrote it over again to
make sure it wasn't anything that happened to the file accidentally and
still have zero response from it.  Can anyone here see anything wrong with
what's below?  Perhaps I created a typo at some point editing it, though it
still looks fine according to my procmailex man page.  If the routine looks
fine, can anyone recommend a test to find out what's failing or where?
.forward files still work, so I know procmail is functional.

When in doubt, turn on verbose logging and check the logfile.  If you
don't already set a logfile (you should!), put something like the
following at the top of your .procmailrc, then send a message to yourself
and check the logfile for error messages or other problems:

LOGFILE = $HOME/procmail.log
VERBOSE = on

(I recommend *always* setting LOGFILE, but only setting VERBOSE when
you have a problem to solve.)

Philip Guenther