Re: Systems Alias

2001-06-07 23:28:07
Odhiambo Washington <wash(_at_)wananchi(_dot_)com> writes:
I have implemented a system alias to which our users can send test
messages but I _don't_ really love the way I've implemented it.

I have created an account called 'test' on the system and given in
/bin/nonexistent as the shell so that noone can login with it if they
hacked the password.
I have a .forward in the home directory and a .procmailrc that responds
with some stuff to anyone who sends e-mail to test(_at_)our(_dot_)domain(_dot_)
I would wish to have the name 'test' as a system alias in
/etc/mail/aliases rather than give it a home directory on the system.
Is there a way to get the recipe I am using for this user excecuted from
some other place on the system by calling it from the aliases file, e.g.

test:  "|/usr/local/bin/procmail some_args_here"

Use procmail's -m flag:

test: "|/usr/local/bin/procmail -m path-to-rcfile-here"

Philip Guenther