Re: Procmail with MailMan

2001-06-09 10:17:01
On Jun 8, 2001 at 21:31, M.A. Powe wrote:

I have been trying to set up the MailMan mailing list software.  The
situation I am in is that I get my mail from my ISP with fetchmail
over a DSL link.  Doing this seems to bugger up the incoming mail in

I have a similar setup. Mine works.

I've tried to set up a procmail recipe on the server so that I can
redirect the mailing list mail to sendmail to be processed correctly.
I can't seem to get this right.  I'm doing something like this:

:0:
* ^TOtest2(_at_)trollope(_dot_)org
| (/usr/bin/formail -A"X-Loop: test2(_at_)trollope(_dot_)org")\
| "/usr/sbin/sendmail -oi -- test2"

`test2' is the sendmail alias that redirects the mail to the
software.  This recipe generates `program error (127)' so I know

I take the list addresses and ! them to the sendmail (actually,
postfix, but I was doing it with sendmail, too) via the aliases file:

For example:
:0:
* ^TO_engrs(@|-.*@)satya.virtualave.net
{

:0: engrs.dupes
* ^(List-Id|Resent-From):.*engrs
mail/duplicates

:0:
* ^TO_engrs(_at_)satya(_dot_)virtualave(_dot_)net
! engrs(_at_)localhost

#(etc.)

Satya. <URL:http://satya.virtualave.net/>
US-bound grad students! For pre-apps, see <URL:http://quickapps.cjb.net/>
Bones: He's dead Jim! Jim: No kidding !!